Attention University of Florida Prospective Applicants for 2013:
The UF application for freshman admission is now available. The freshman application deadline is November 1. The completed online application should be submitted no later than the end of that day to be considered on-time.
Freshman applications received after November 1 will receive a decision on a space-available basis only.
Freshman Applicants must complete the entire application online, including the essay and resume sections. No submission of paper material is permitted.
Applicants to Fine Arts programs in Music, Art and Art History and Theatre and Dance have additional requirements/auditions.
To be eligible for transfer, you must have 60 transferable semester hours of college credit and meet all competitive requirements.
Instructions for completing the resume section warn applicants NOT to type or to paste an actual résumé into a single text box. Each box has a 950-CHARACTER limit (approx. 150 words with room for spacing between paragraphs).
Applicants are instructed to organize their material first by category: family obligations; special programs and activities; extracurricular activities; community service; honors, awards and recognitions; and employment.
- Refine the material and stay within the text limits.
- Place your responses into the appropriate text boxes.
The personal résumé questions:
- Do you have any employment or family obligations that limit your participation in extracurricular activities? If so, please describe.
- List any programs or activities that helped you prepare for higher education, such as University Outreach, Talent Search, Upward Bound, etc.
- Extracurricular activities. List the organization(s) that are most important to you and in which you have made your highest achievements. Include your position, a description of the activity and the number of hours you contributed each week.
- Community service. List the type of work, your role and the number of hours you volunteered each week.
- Honors, awards and recognitions. List each and describe the level and the number of years of your involvement.
- Employment. List and describe each job you’ve had, including the date of employment, the job title and the hours you worked each week.
- Describe any experience you have had in creating or developing a solution to a problem that benefited you and others. What aspects made it enjoyable?
- Additional information, if needed: Is there any additional information you want the Admission Committee to consider when your application is reviewed? If so, please describe.
The Personal Essay
Your essay is a very important part of your application. What you provide helps the university know you as an individual, independent of grades, test scores and other objective data.
Please submit one essay. Remember to keep within the 500-word maximum length. (The counter on the page counts down from the 3885-CHARACTER limit, which is approx. 450 words with room for spacing between paragraphs.)
In the space provided, please write a concise narrative in which you describe a meaningful event, experience or accomplishment in your life and how it will affect your college experience or your contribution to the UF campus community. You may want to reflect on your ideas about student responsibility, academic integrity, campus citizenship or a call to service.
The UF application is available at: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.